Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can one let a Feb 29 go by in a Canadian History Blog?

Maybe you're hoping yes.

But I admit to having a thing for Canada's past prime ministers.

And I freely admit to being part of 'Trudeaumania' in the late 60s and 70s. I was from the east; my mother was whole scale for Trudeau; and I was going to Carleton University in Ottawa in 1984 (studying psychology, not history). I even still have my button from "Sarnia's Citizenship Day, June 20 1970 Visit of Prime Minister TRUDEAU" and photos of him there to boot. We were there with the Guides, me as a Guide, my mother as a Guide Leader. I can still remember how excited and thrilled I was - and yes, he did have a rose.

So here he is in his inimitable fashion, along with Peter Mansbridge Feb 29, 1984

And one of the famous photos by Doug Ball at Buckingham Palace.
 
Follow @CmedMoore