Tuesday, November 25, 2014

On Someone Else's Blog


This ain't, you may have noticed, a very confessional blog.  But Eizabeth Glenn at the University of Toronto Press blog recently asked me a bunch of questions about this book, and they mostly called for first-person answers. Excerpt:
How did you become involved in your area of research?
I am a historian by training, but I have always worked as a self-employed, trade-market book writer. I cover Canadian history very widely, but I had never done anything related to legal history until I got a call from an editor in 1994. The Law Society of Upper Canada wanted its history written; would I be interested? I heard later they had approached some leading legal scholars who said it would take ten years and cost a million bucks. I agreed I could do it a bit faster, on a smaller budget.
 
Follow @CmedMoore